Combination skin can be caused by various factors:
- A hormonal imbalance: the human body undergoes hormonal changes that can generate reactions that cause combination skin- for example, excess production of sebum or the appearance of blackheads and pimples.
- Unsuitable cosmetic products: the use of incorrect cosmetic products or cosmetic products to which you’re allergic can alter the skin. It’s best to avoid cosmetic products that are occlusive or contain too much vegetable oil, as they can make skin oilier. For the same reason, we don’t advise overuse of exfoliants or scrubs: skin treated too vigorously may react by increasing its production of sebum.
- An unhealthy diet: overconsumption of fatty or fried food may enable skin impurities to develop
- Skin diseases: those who suffer from skin diseases such as seborrheic dermatitis may develop combination skin more easily.
How can you recognise combination skin?
Combination skin generally appears as skin that varies. Specifically, certain areas of the face tend to be oilier, others drier.
The oily areas of the face compose the “T-zone”, consisting of:
The drier areas, however, are:
- Area around the eyes
Choose Ceramol to treat your combination skin
If you have combination skin, we advise you to think through the dermocosmetic products you choose and to also make sure you follow the instructions that your dermatologist gives you. You should:
- Prioritise gentle cleansers and not cleanse too much (at most twice a day). Learn about our Ceramol Face and Body Cleansing Oil: it uses innovative macro-micellar technology to gently cleanse your face.
- Moisturise your face with a light cream- a gel solution is preferable for combination skin with an oily tendency. Learn about our Ceramol Face Gel. It moisturises skin and restructures your skin barrier with hyaluronic acid and essential skin lipids.
- Use a specific treatment. If in some areas your skin appears impure (such as with blackheads and pimples), use a product designed for those areas. Learn about our Ceramol Spot Block: it swiftly eradicates blackheads and imperfections.
The above information is not medical advice. It is given purely as an indication and is not intended as a substitute for professional advice.