To protect the skin’s balance, a moisturising body cream should also repair the skin barrier.
What do we mean by that? It should help the skin to rebuild its natural defences.
It will do this if it contains:
- fatty acids.
These are the ingredients that activate the emollient’s formula, assisting the repair of the skin barrier by:
- Restoring epidermal lipids.
- Enabling the rebalancing of the skin barrier.
Moreover, to not affect the skin’s balance, a good moisturising body cream shouldn’t contain:
- Irritant or allergenic preservatives
- Fragrance allergens
Moisturising body creams: when and how to apply them
How you apply them makes all the difference! It’s important to integrate the application of the moisturising body cream into your daily routine and apply it in the correct way.
When should you apply it? Between 2 to 4 times a day, depending on how dry the skin is. After a shower, it’s best to do it when your skin is still wet.
How should you apply it?
- Wash your hands and massage the cream onto your palm before applying it
- Apply a thin layer: the amount of cream that fits onto a fingertip should cover an area equal to two adult hand palms.
- Apply the cream gently and without rubbing it. Follow the direction of hair growth and apply it in all regions of the body.
Remember that the entire body needs moisturisation, but some regions tend to be drier. Pay attention to:
Ceramol BASE CREAM: active emollient for the body’s skin
The application of a moisturising body cream is an essential step towards healthier skin, particularly in cases of dry skin (link to dry skin). As such, you should trust your skin with an active moisturising body cream.
The Ceramol solution: BASE CREAM
- Maintain the skin barrier’s balance
- Moisturise for extended periods
It’s perfect for all types of skin and for keeping atopic skin or dry skin moisturised, because it’s:
- Free of preservatives that could cause allergic reactions
How to apply it:
- Apply it once or twice a day. It’s perfect for after you wash yourself!
- Spread a thin layer in all regions of the body
- Use it consistently: repeated application is more effective