What are its symptoms?
The primary symptoms of seborrheic skin are:
- Red-to-yellowish spots
- Skin that appears swollen or oily
- White or yellow scales
These symptoms are visible primarily in areas covered in hair, such as the scalp or eyebrows, and in areas that secrete the most sebum, such as the folds of the nose.
The causes of seborrheic skin
Seborrheic skin is often linked to poor hygiene, but that isn’t true. The specific causes still haven’t been identified, but we know that factors that can influence its development are:
- An unhealthy diet
- General health conditions
The yeast Malassezia furfur also plays a key role, as well as abnormal aging of skin cells in the outer layers of the skin.
How can you treat it?
To treat seborrheic skin, it’s important to follow advice from your dermatologist and use specific cosmetic products that:
- can reduce discomfort, itchiness, and reddening
- can help your skin, giving it relief and helping it to restore its protective barrier
To do so, it’s preferable to use cosmetic products that link antimicrobial ingredients with soothing, anti-itching, and anti-reddening substances.
A solution for seborrheic skin
Ceramol DS line has been formulated specifically for the needs of seborrheic skin. Thus, it:
- Optimises your body’s control mechanisms of proliferation of microbial flora.
- Helps rebalance excessive production of sebum.
- Helps reduce feelings of itchiness and flushing.